If you're reading this article, chances are you've seen the Twitter Leads section in the Business Center and are wondering "Do I need to respond to these?" The answer is no. We respond to them for you. A member of our team goes into your account each week and sifts through these tweets and responds to them for you. Now let's break down how that process works.
1. We set up a geographic fence around your practice typically within a 10-15 mile radius and we track all the tweets that reference "knee pain", "ankle pain", "neck pain", and "back pain." This why you see tweets from users that are often expressing they are in pain or discomfort. Such as below:
2. When we see a tweet such as that, we reply to that user with a link to one of your blog posts on your website that relates specifically to what that user is going through. In this case, we would supply the user with a blog post about back pain relief saying "Hey! Check out these tips:"
These Twitter leads accomplish the following:
- Keep you active on Twitter
- Establish a positive brand your practice within the community
- Increases awareness, someone who never heard of you now has
- Increase traffic to your site
- SEO improves when your site gains more unique visitors